Monday, April 14, 2008

Holly Valance on her short-lived music career


Perfect Blend: After leaving Neighbours you went into music for a few years but after initial success, the second album’s sales were disappointing. Why do you think that was? Would you one day like to return to music?

Holly: I think that's how the music industry works. The second album independently did well, but compared to the 1st album not as well, so it depends how ya look at it. It's a very hard industry and I needed a break. I'd lost some passion and without that you're screwed, a 3rd album ain't gonna make itself. So I got out, I don't miss it and I don't want to make another record in the near future but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

Poor Holly, someone at her old record label clearly hid the chart stats from her. Holly's second album "State of Mind" (2003) which she states "did well", reached a disastrous #57 in Australia and #60 in the UK. Great electro-pop record though. Grab it if you find it at the bottom of a bargain bin.

For the full interview, click here.

No comments: