Friday, April 11, 2008

Tina Arena, the two-faced hyprocrite!


Tina Arena has always come off as a bit of a snob so it was no surprise when she made headlines last year, criticising reality music shows (like X Factor and Idol) for "exploiting" and "prostituting" young performers. And to be honest, I agreed with her. Of course, the fact Tina started her own career, as a performer on "Young Talent Time" must have flown right past her. For those who don't know, "Young Talent Time" was basically Idol of the 1980s. It was also where Dannii first found $UCCE$$.

So you can imagine my absolute amazement to hear that Ms. Arena, along with Darren Hayes, has signed up as a judge for the UK-leg of this year's series of Australian Idol! (which is apparently going global...don't worry, I'm just as confused as you might be) Yes, the same woman who bagged reality TV a year ago is now part of the Idol team! The power of money is an amazing thing. It appears the moment $$$ is thrown in the faces of some, their morals and beliefs are thrown out the door. And what does Tina have to say about her new position? "I am employed for one reason - my brain - and if I see potential or I don't...If we can help some of these people, that's what it it's all about". Oh how nice of you Tina! She continues, "It's about stripping off the layers for me. It's not the seduction thing, which disturbs me. The thinking you're going to be a star and have a concrete career after being part of Idol". So in other words, it’s about exploiting the shattered dreams of the deluded.

Silly bint.

No comments: